Humanities Research Paper The paper is worth 30% of your quarter grade!
The following components are required for the paper to be read and graded
The order of the paper is to be as follows
- must be typed or printed (computer) in black
- font size 12 or 14 (use a standard font)
- normal margins and double spaced
- 5-10 pages required
- minimum of 5 sources (no encyclopedias)
- paper must have one primary source
- check spelling and grammar
- title page
- paper – intro/body/conclusion
- works cited page
1.title page (title/name/class/hour/date)
2. outline (proper format I - A - 1 - a)
8. work cited
Use the MLA style for your
bibliography and work cited pages
All papers will be kept by the teacher - Make a hard copy for your records!
All papers are due at the start of the hour! One day late projects will be docked 10 percent. All assignments turned in after 24 hours will be 50 percent of the value.
- Make sure your grammar, punctuation and spelling is perfect. Have someone else read and proofread your paper for you. We often do not see our own mistakes.
- You may write in first person or third person.
- Never begin a sentence with "because," "and," "however," or other linking words.
- Do not wait for the last minute.
- Use a computer word processor. They enable you to be neat and to make changes. If you don't have one - start early so you can use the computers available at school.
- Keep your paper on disk so that you can make changes and store the disk in a safe place. You may even want to have a copy of the disk for security.
- Make sure you organize yourself when writing the paper. Keep your notes together with the bibliographic information you will need. You don't want to forget where you found your information.
- Do not throw anything away until after your paper has been graded, you may need to defend yourself against plagiarism.
- Do a professional job.
- Putting together a research paper is like a puzzle. You have to fit together all of your research, quotes and paraphrases into a well-organized document.